After configuring your eye tracker run a calibration to test if the eye tracker is mapping the gaze points correctly to your display.
To test your eye tracking setup:
- Make sure the eye tracker is attached to the monitor and connected to your computer.
- Open the Eye Tracker Manager.
- Click on the eye tracker card to open the ‘Eye Tracker’ settings panel. If your eye tracker card does not show up, wait for 1 minute, if it still does not show up unplug the eye tracker cable and reinsert it. If this does not work, please restart your computer and run the installation and configuration again.
- When you are ready, test whether the eye tracker can detect your eyes. First, position yourself in front of the screen.
- On the 'Selected Eye Tracker' panel, click on the Calibration disclosure arrow to open the ‘Calibration’ section and reveal the ‘Start Calibration button’.
- Click 'Start Calibration'.
- If your setup contains more than two screens, select the eye tracker screen by clicking on the respective screen in the Available Screens list.
- If your eyes are within range of the eye tracker cameras, they will show up as two white dots in the track status window. If you cannot see the two white dots, try to move around until they appear in the track status window. If this does not work, ask someone else to sit in front of the eye tracker and position them at the right distance. Ultimately, if you are still unsuccessful please restart your computer and run the installation and configuration procedures again.
- Center the eyes (the two white dots) in the track box and follow the instructions regarding the distance. Adjust your position if needed.
- Click the ‘Start Calibration’ button.
- Evaluate your calibration results. Large systematic errors i.e. a large distance between the average gaze point and the target gaze point may be indicative of a configuration error. No calibration feedback data on the targets located on the top of the screen may indicate that there is a mismatch between the screen size and eye tracker configuration.
- Click 'Re-calibrate' to try to improve an unsuccessful calibration (e.g. recalibrating points with missing data).
- Click 'Accept' when you wish to complete your calibration procedure.
Once you are up and running with your eye tracking software, you can further refine your test by performing a calibration validation.