Pro Glasses 2 recordings are initiated from the Dashboard in Pro Glasses Controller on your tablet/computer. Recordings are associated with the study that was open when initiating the recording. Make sure the Recording Unit is correctly connected over WLAN or Ethernet to your tablet/computer with Pro Glasses Controller before attempting to start/stop/pause a recording.
You must go through five basic steps to start a recording:
- Connect the Recording Unit to your Pro Glasses Controller computer
- Create/Select a participant.
- Calibrate the participant.
- Verify the calibration.
- Start the recording.
Creating/Selecting a participant and initiating a recording:
- Make sure the correct study is open in Pro Glasses Controller.
- Tap Dashboard on the Menu bar.
- Make sure the Glasses Control Panel for the relevant Recording Unit displays “Ready”.
- Tap Start New Recording on the Glasses Control Panel of the relevant Recording Unit.
- Create a new participant or select an existing participant.
- To create a new participant, type the participant’s name in the Participant field and participant details in the Participant Info field. Then tap Create
- To select an existing participant, tap Existing Participant and select the appropriate participant from the list.
Calibrating the participant:
To be able to collect accurate eye tracking data Pro Glasses 2 must be calibrated individually for each participant. During the calibration process the participant must be wearing the Head Unit while focusing on the center of the calibration target. The calibration target is printed on the supplied calibration cards and calibration stickers.
- Make sure the calibration card or the calibration sticker is visible to the participant and appears in the scene camera live view video in Pro Glasses Controller. The calibration card should be held flat against a wall or otherwise straight towards the participant. The distance between the participant and the Calibration Card should be between 0.75 and 1.25 meters (2.5 and 4.1 feet).
- Ask the participant to look at and focus on the center of the Calibration Target. Keep the calibration card completely still during the calibration process.
- While the participant is looking at the Calibration Target, tap the Calibrate icon in the bottom right hand corner of the live view window. Animated graphics illustrate the progress of the calibration process.
- If calibration was unsuccessful try to re-calibrate the participant.
Verifying the calibration:
- Once the calibration is complete, the results will be displayed in the calibration results box. Verify calibration results by asking the participant to look at a few objects suggested by you, for example the calibration target, while verifying in the live view video that eye tracking data is accurate enough for yous study.
- If eye tracking accuracy is acceptable for your study, continue to the next step. Otherwise tap Recalibrate and repeat the calibration process.
Starting the recording:
- Tap Record after calibrations have been completed. Live Viewer will continue to show real time eye tracking.
Pausing a recording in progress:
Ongoing recordings can only be paused when the Recording Unit is connected to the tablet/computer with Pro Glasses Controller. Pausing a recording can be done from both the Dashboard and Live Viewer.
To pause a recording from the Dashboard:
- Make sure the Glasses 2 are connected to Pro Glasses Controller.
- Tap Pause on the Glasses Control Panel for the relevant Recording Unit. The recording is now paused and the Pause button has become a Resume button. To resume recording, tap Resume.
To pause a recording from Live Viewer:
- Make sure the Live Viewer video is playing; this indicates that there is a valid connection between Pro Glasses 2 and Pro Glasses Controller.
- Tap Pause. The recording is now paused and the Pause button has become a Resume button. To resume the recording, tap Resume.
Stopping a recording in progress:
Recordings in progress can only be stopped when the Recording Unit is connected to the tablet/computer with Pro Glasses Controller. Stopping of recordings can be done from both the Dashboard and the Live Viewer.
To stop a Recording from the Dashboard:
- Make sure Pro Glasses 2 are connected to Pro Glasses Controller.
- Tap stop on the Glasses Control Panel for the relevant Recording Unit. A confirmation dialog box appear.
- Tap Yes to confirm stopping the recording.
To stop a Recording from the Live Viewer:
- Make sure the Live View video is playing, this indicates that there is a valid connection between Pro Glasses 2 and Pro Glasses Controller.
- Tap the Stop button. A confirmation dialog appears.
- Tap Yes to confirm stopping of the recording. The Recording will stop and the Glasses Dashboard will appear.