Connection / performance issues with your eye tracker.
If you experience an inconsistent or faulty connection to your eye tracker you would want to check one of the following:
- Firewall, Antivirus: Do you have a (software) firewall or antivirus installed? If so, try uninstalling or disabling your antivirus and check Which ports should be open in the firewall to use Tobii Pro Software?
- Static IP address: If you have a static IP address setup on your PC, please change the setting to automatic configuration.
- Network adapter: download the latest drivers from the supplier website directly and install the latest version available.
- Bonjour Service: If you experience unstable connectivity to your Eyetracker and/or if it occasionally does not appear in the Eyetracker Browser, you may be required to check the Bonjour version installed. Bonjour is a zero-configuration networking service by Apple that runs in the background and enables automatic discovery of computers, devices, and services on IP networks, or in this case and more to the point, Tobii Pro eye trackers. Only versions 2.0.2 and 2.0.4 are supported. Higher versions have to be uninstalled, reinstalling Tobii Studio will install the correct version.
- If you have a Tobii Pro X2 eye tracker you can also read the X2 Troubleshooting Guide